If you are thinking about managing social media for businesses or want to start your own social media business, it is helpful to know which tools businesses are already using. A 2013 shows that (surprisingly) most small business owners are actually using LinkedIn….
If you want to run social media for small businesses, consider how each social network can play a role in your social media management:
- LinkedIn: Every business should have a profile (no excuses). Businesses that target professionals should consider making a larger investment in social media – especially if they have sales reps.
- Facebook: This is the biggest social network – there is a growing expectation that most businesses are using Facebook, although it is getting more difficult for businesses to break-through.
- Twitter: Is a bit of a higher-investment social network, but for businesses that want to reach new audiences it is one of the most powerful tools. It takes some time to get the hang of it, but can reach a lot of people. Especially powerful for niche businesses.
- Google+: You need a presence on Google+ because it links to search engines. If you want to be found on Google and make the most out of your presence, create a profile on Google+.
- YouTube: Video is insanely powerful – even if you just have an iphone, you can create videos to showcase your business.
- Blogs: I personally think that a blog is a great cornerstone of any social media campaign. Blogs are very powerful tools because they allow you to get into more detail versus short status updates on social networks.
- Pinterest: One of the quickest growing social networks. I think this is still an underutilized asset that can be a great resource for customers.
Jim Cunningham says
That’s very useful info, thanks for being so succinct -I actually read it all!
You didn’t mention Instagram. Does that have a role here?
Krista Neher says
Haha – thanks!
Instagram is actually a really powerful tool, but businesses are still slow to adopt it – probably because it is mobile only… I am a HUGE advocate of Instagram for businesses…