With the popularity of shows like Shark Tank and with people increasingly wanting freedom and flexibility, interest in entrepreneurship is growing. Many people are looking to start social media businesses and become social media entrepreneurs.
People have different reasons for wanting to become a social media entrepreneur:
- They love social media and want to turn their passion into an income
- They see the opportunity and want to get involved in a growing industry
- They want freedom and flexibility
- They like helping businesses
- They are passionate about marketing and business growth
You may have your own reasons in addition to these.
Regardless of your reasons, this is a great time to become a social media entrepreneur. Social media isn’t going anywhere, so getting involved now can position you for future success.
If you want to get started, here is what you’ll need to do:
- Create a business – This means get a logo, a business name and a website. People will take you more seriously if you have a business set up.
- Build your qualifications – People will want to know that you are qualified. Write a great bio for yourself and make sure that all of your social networks (especially LinkedIn) look great!
- Get active on social media – If you are personally active on social media, people will respect you more. Get active and participate.
- Determine your rates – This may seem easy, but you’ll have to figure out your rates and make sure that you charge enough to support your business (think about your time spent pitching, etc).
- Get clients – Get some clients in your hopper and start making $$. Don’t work for free. If you discount your services, be clear that you are providing a discount.
- Execute with excellence – Most businesses grow through word-of-mouth. If you do a great job your business will grow. Be sure that your are prepared to execute well and meet (or beat) your clients expectations.